Tribute

"I do not know which to prefer, the beauty of inflections
or the beauty of innuendoes,
the blackbird whistling,
or just after.“

:: Wallace Stevens ::


This page is given in tribute to the spirits of
Sarah and Blaise. On this page, their flame
lives on.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Gustav Flaubert to Louise Colet, 1846















August 15, 1846

I will cover you with love when next I see you, with caresses, with ecstasy. I want to gorge you with all the joys of the flesh, so that you faint and die. I want you to be amazed by me, and to confess to yourself that you had never even dreamed of such transports. When you are old, I want you to recall those few hours, I want your dry bones to quiver with joy when you think of them.

13 comments:

  1. dear one, i am so overwhelmed i -
    right now i just want to hold you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and so it is that i want to be still
    and grateful
    that i have had these
    and now your words
    to mirror them
    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love, my heart just rose up in my throat, laid itself upon my tongue and gave me the most astonishing after taste. love, thank you. thank you.
    meaghan~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxana, for the richness of your inspiration, I am held already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woman, oh what a pair we'd make !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meaghan, you are love. It's that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizavetta, that you've visited here - I will tell you that some years ago I decided to brave the exposure because of what was found with yours.

    I have never forgotten the impact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. S, I had no idea! But, hearing this now, I have to tell you that it makes me happy. It's always happy when the results of an "impact" turn out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizavetta, I might be fun to trace back and see if I can find where it was I commented then.

    I'm happy you're still around.

    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'When you are old, I want you to recall those few hours, I want your dry bones to quiver with joy when you think of them'.
    Yes; let everyone find this at least once in their life time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SarahA, regardless of the pain endured, a thousand times I'd it again. And a thousand times more.

    And, I believe, you would, too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even now...in a.day, in a week, in a month; in the years . Always!

    ReplyDelete